The increased use of harsh cleaning chemicals, soaps, single-use plastics, and increased carbon emissions from transporting liquid cleaning products got us thinking “How then do we find a more sustainable way for us to wash our hands?” That exact question resulted in the birth of a soap flake based soap that has a minimal environmental impact.
The soap flakes are made of natural ingredients, without any nasty chemicals. It was made to encourage you to re-use refillable foaming soap dispensers and give them a second life!
How To Use (Watch The Video Here)
- Pour a one 40gram sachet / 40gram scoop of soap flakes into 240mls of hot boiling water.*
*Please use distilled or filtered drinking water. We do not recommend unfiltered tap water, as the impurities in tap water can cause the soap to become cloudy (as the salts in the soap will precipitate out). The soap is still safe for use, but the texture of the soap will be compromised.
- Stir until soap flakes dissolve, to make a hand wash.
- Let the liquid cool for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add 1ml – 2ml (20-40 drops) of Essential Oils of your choice.
- Pour the liquid into a foaming pump bottle. Please note: As there are no added preservatives it is advisable to use within 2-3 months after mixing.
- Pump the desired amount onto hands, lather and rinse with water.
Customising Your Hand Wash
The fun part of making your own hand wash is being able to mix and blend your own scent with Essential Oils. You can use single blends, try out the recommended blends shared online or form your own unique blend!
Some suggestions on which Essential Oil Scents to use for handwash:
- Revitalizing, Invigorating, Fresh and Purifying: Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil
- Sweet Florals: Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Jasmine
- Warm Herbal: Rosemary, Sage,Ginger, Basil, Majoram
- Calming and Relaxing: Lavender, Rosemary
- Cool Mint: Spearmint, Peppermint
- Earthy and Woody: Pine, Patchouli, Cypress
- Uplifting Citrus Scents: Lime, Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit
If you do not have a manual hand pump to use these flakes, we are offering a bundle that includes an automatic hand dispenser that has a capacity of 450ml
Love our product and do not want to keep repurchasing? With the subscription model, your life is made better!
By purchasing our subscription model, you will receive one year supply of soap flakes! 6 packets of soap flakes will be sent to you every 6 months. For example, if you subscribe in January, you will receive the next set of soap flakes in July.
Pure virgin coconut oil, purified water, sea salt, sodium hydroxide (lye)
Learn More About The Product
Visit our maker’s website: https://www.recoversoaps.com/
Loved how easy it was to make the liquid soap with the clear instructions provided. The soap is a little drying though, but hoping it will be improved in future batches and would still love to buy more!
Love it – making my own soap is really fun! I like it when it foams, and you can customise it with different scents.
Geri (verified owner) –
Works really well. I added essential oils and it smells great. Good way to safe money and not get exposed to all the chemicals. Doing my bit to reduce plastic waste too.
Love the concept of making the liquid soap only when I need it. The soap flakes packages are light & easy to store – practical! And I get to choose varying scents (for my bathrooms) or non-scented (my kitchen) simply by adding or not adding the EOs – brilliant!
Lin (verified owner) –
Absolutely love the feel of the soap, so smooth and non greasy.
And I can customise by adding my favourite EO.
Put this liquid soap in my sensor foam dispenser. Foam is light yet cleans well. Now getting my kids to wash hands before meals is a breeze
Sally Koh –
The soap has a smooth feel and is pretty effective is cleaning the hands. Hands are soft and moist after the wash..
Priscilla Tay –
The band soap flakes were easy to make, foams and wash well while gentle on the skin. all that and no nasty products in it. Thanks for it!
Alexis Cheong –
I’m so in love with these I’m here to get more! The soap cleans so effectively and it’s non-toxic while having a relaxing spa scent. I don’t think I can go back to commercial grade soap anymore.