Make your own beeswax wrap with our mending bar and fabrics that were being salvaged from a fabric shop!
Reusable beeswax food wraps may be utilised just like a plastic wrap, snap lock bags, and plastic bags. 100% plastic-free, sustainable, non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
To use it, use the warmth of your hands to make the wrap cover your food and hold its shape. You can use it to wrap cheese, fruits, vegetables, bread or as a bowl cover. The beeswax food wrap is great for so many things, but please avoid meats, liquids and hot things, so as to keep the beeswax intact.
Each beeswax wrap kit contains the following:
- Mending Bar
- Cloth (Kindly select each dropdown option to view the fabric and sizing)
One 60g beeswax mending bar can:
- DIY up to 4 – 6 beeswax wraps
Beeswax, jojoba oil & tree resin
How To Use The Mending Bar
1) Grate or chop mending bar into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over cotton fabrics
2) Line a baking tray with baking paper and pop into the oven at 80C to 100C for five minutes or until the wax has fully melted. Anything above 100C is not good for the wax.
3) Remove from oven (careful, it’s hot!). Quickly peel the fabric away from the baking paper. Wave the fabric around gently until the wax is cool and it’s ready to use.
4) If needed, sprinkle additional beeswax over any spots that are not yet coated. Pop it back into the oven.
Let it cool on a rack and it’s ready!