Love our product and do not want to keep repurchasing? With the subscription model, your life is made better!
By purchasing our subscription model, you will receive one year supply of soap flakes! 6 packets of soap flakes will be sent to you every 6 months. For example, if you subscribe in January, you will receive the next set of soap flakes in July.
The increased use of harsh cleaning chemicals, soaps, single-use plastics, and increased carbon emissions from transporting liquid cleaning products got us thinking “How then do we find a more sustainable way for us to wash our hands?”
That exact question resulted in the birth of a soap flake based soap that has a minimal environmental impact. The soap flakes are made of natural ingredients, without any nasty chemicals. It was made to encourage you to re-use refillable foaming soap dispensers and give them a second life!
How To Use (Watch The Video Here)
- Pour a one 40gram sachet / 40gram scoop of soap flakes into 240mls of hot boiling water.*
*Please use distilled or filtered drinking water. We do not recommend unfiltered tap water, as the impurities in tap water can cause the soap to become cloudy (as the salts in the soap will precipitate out). The soap is still safe for use, but the texture of the soap will be compromised.
- Stir until soap flakes dissolve, to make a hand wash.
- Let the liquid cool for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add 1ml – 2ml (20-40 drops) of Essential Oils of your choice.
- Pour the liquid into a foaming pump bottle. Please note: As there are no added preservatives it is advisable to use within 2-3 months after mixing.
- Pump the desired amount onto hands, lather and rinse with water.
We offer 2 types of packaging, reused plastic containers or sachets. The reused plastic containers have been salvaged and reused to give them a second life. The sachets packaging is biodegradable. Kindly let us know which packaging you prefer.
Customising Your Hand Wash
The fun part of making your own hand wash is being able to mix and blend your own scent with Essential Oils. You can use single blends, try out the recommended blends shared online or form your own unique blend!
Some suggestions on which Essential Oil Scents to use for handwash:
- Revitalizing, Invigorating, Fresh and Purifying: Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil
- Sweet Florals: Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Jasmine
- Warm Herbal: Rosemary, Sage,Ginger, Basil, Majoram
- Calming and Relaxing: Lavender, Rosemary
- Cool Mint: Spearmint, Peppermint
- Earthy and Woody: Pine, Patchouli, Cypress
- Uplifting Citrus Scents: Lime, Orange, Tangerine, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit
Pure virgin coconut oil, purified water, sea salt, sodium hydroxide (lye)
Learn More About The Product
Visit our maker’s website: https://www.recoversoaps.com/